Deputy Director – Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum
The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum is currently recruiting for a year-round Deputy Director position on Nantucket, MA. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to utilize your talent and creativity at Nantucket’s most loved boutique museum. In this hands-on role, you will be able to work on many functions associated with the operations of a small museum. The Deputy Director and Executive Director work closely on many aspects of museum operation, so the ability to work as part of a small team is essential.
Duties of the Deputy Director:
Working with the Executive Director:
- Assist in staging an annually changing thematic exhibit exploring an avenue of history or design as it pertains to Nantucket lightship baskets. Assist in research and collaborative exhibit script writing. Source loans, implement intake and return procedures.
- Assist with the scheduling and management of volunteers.
- Maintain the collections and donor management database.
- Manage the membership program including renewals, new member acquisition and win back programs.
- Manage the museum’s year-round youth weaving program, including scheduling, registration, and promotion.
- Assist with the coordination, planning and implementation of fundraising events.
- Maintain a social media presence for the museum on the web.
- Manage the museum’s online gift shop.
- Update the museum’s website.
- Create marketing messages through Constant Contact and news/media outlets.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
- Self-starter who can adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with Photoshop, photography, and basic graphic design skills a plus.
- Experience working with the public and volunteers preferred.
If you are looking to expand your knowledge of museum management, this Deputy Director position could be the one for you! This is a unique opportunity to learn all facets of museum management and have a real and direct impact on this organization. If you think you are up for the challenge, submit your resume and cover letter to Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.