The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum is an educational Museum that serves over 2,000 visitors each year and receives thousands of visits to its website. The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum is committed to protecting the private information of those who interact with us. The Museum website adheres to the following policy for ensuring the privacy of your personal identifiable information (such as full name, address, email address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information).
GATHERING AND USE OF INFORMATION
- You might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information in order to participate in some online activities. This could be in connection with the following:
- Subscription registration for services such as email newsletters or events, courses or other Museum programming
- Transactions in our online gift shop
- The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum may use your personally identifiable information to extend promotional offers (such as invitations to Museum events) or to send administrative or service related announcements.
- When you disclose personal information on the Museum website, we may use your address internally to inform you of events and opportunities at the Museum. On occasion, the Museum uses trusted third party providers to provide communications. The Museum only uses providers that we believe impose reasonable safeguards on the privacy of your information.
- We may use personally identifiable information in order to prevent improper use of our site, or as otherwise necessary to defend against or assist in the investigation of improper or illegal activity on the website.
- We may use or disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; to protect the rights, safety or property of others; and/or to participate in judicial proceedings, comply with a court order, respond to other legal process served on us or our website, or complete a transaction involving the transfer of the Museum’s operations to which the information pertains, or due diligence and preparatory work relating to such a transaction.
OPT OUT OPTION
If you do not wish to receive the communications described above, you may choose to “opt out.” Opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed (such as Museum programming or special Gift Shop sales). You may choose to restrict our use of your information to maintaining your registration on our website, or may ask us to refrain from disclosing your information to others. You may request that you receive information by telephone or postal mail. You may make such an opt-out request by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your request. We may, in our sole discretion, elect to delete your electronic information entirely rather than implementing a request to opt-out of certain data uses while continuing others.
The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum website automatically collects a variety of information related to the use of the website. One type of information relates to traffic volume and patterns, such as the number of visitors to the site on a daily basis. This information is collected through various means, such as an IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to a visitor’s computer when using the Internet. Web servers, the computers that “serve up” web pages, identify a visitor’s computer by its IP address. The IP address is logged by the Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum’s web server.
Only designated administrators can access this information and it is used only for administrative and planning purposes such as to improve the content or layout of the site.
The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum website uses SSLA secured processing to encrypt credit card information provided when making a donation, or when placing an order through our online shop. This security software encrypts your credit card information so that it cannot be read as your order travels over the Internet. A closed key or lock on the bottom of your web browser indicates that the secured processing is active. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address URL will change from “http” to “https.” Notwithstanding our security measures, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided via Internet or through our website.
The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum maintains strict security procedures to protect donor, member, constituent and visitor information. Access to this data is limited to specific individuals who are trained to respect user privacy. The access given to these employees is restricted to their need to know such information for business purposes.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum encourages parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the sites visited by their children. The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum website will not contain content that is unsuitable for children.
The Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum site may contain links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are clicking to the site of another organization. The Museum is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other websites, as their policies may differ from ours.
Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum
P.O. Box 2517
Nantucket, MA 02584